Today i’m going to post about the Blood Donation & related information.
- What is blood donation?
- Who is the eligible Blood donor?
- What is Rh factor?
- Blood Grouping (Types of blood)
- Blood Compatibility
- Benefits of donating blood
Happy to inform that i’m also a Blood Donor & each point i will provide the detail information in different post;
What is blood donation? Blood donation is when a person voluntarily has blood drawn and used for transfusions and/or made into bio pharmaceutical medications.
Who is the eligible Blood donor? You are eligible to donate blood if you are in good health, weigh at least 50 kg and are 17 years or older. You are NOT eligible to donate blood if you:
- Have ever user self-injected drugs (non-prescription).
- Had hepatitis.
- Are in a high-risk groups for AIDS
- High Blood Pressures: Acceptable as long as your blood pressure is below 180 systolic / 100 diastolic at the time of donation. Medications for high blood pressure dot not disqualify you from donating.
- Body Piercing: You must not donate if you have had any body piercing (except the ears) in the past 12 months
- Cold and Flu: If you have a fever or a productive cough do not donate blood, wait until you have completed antibiotic treatment
- Diabetes: Acceptable as long as it is well controlled, whether medication is taken or not.
- Diet: A meal is recommended at least four hours prior to donation. Drink plenty of fluids.